Just after 2:30 PM Sunday, Lehigh Township was dispatched to 579 South Cottonwood Road for a report of a garage fire attached to a dwelling. Chief 47-51 (Hildebrand) reported a smoke column while responding and had the 1st alarm assignment filled out.
Firefighters made a quick knock on the fire and prevented the fire from spreading to the adjoining dwelling. A deck attached to the garage was a total loss and the garage itself was heavily damaged.
Around 1700 hours Sunday afternoon emergency crews responded to the area of 15th and Butler for a reported shooting in Wilson Borough. Police units from Wilson and Easton arrive on location and find two victims, one in an alley off of 15th Street and the other on Washington Street near 16th.
Both victims were transported to local trauma centers with gunshot wounds to the abdomen and arms. Police taped off the area and set up a crime scene talking to any witnesses of this daytime shooting.
At 22:23 Northampton County Stations 25, 23 and EMS 27 were dispatched to the eleven hundred block of Spring Lane for a report of a dwelling fire. Enroute, disptach advises the companies that police are on location and reporting the house fully involved.
Command arrives and has a 2-story S/F/D under construction fully involved with extension to 1115 Spring Lane, a 2-story S/F/D (exposure D).
Heavy lines were put in-service with a ladder pipe. Command had the second alarm transmitted due to the number of exposures, but later recalled the assignment. The bulk of the fire was darkened down in 30 minutes.
4 homes were damaged from the heat and the original fire building was a total loss. The structure collapsed.
Just before 10:30 PM, Wilson firefighters responded to 1827 Lehigh Street for a dwelling fire. Upon arrival, they found heavy fire to the rear of a 2.5-story duplex. Engine members stretched one line to the front door and one to the rear.
The fire damaged the rear porch and kitchen area of the 1st floor and extended to the second floor. The attached dwelling received smoke damage. The dwelling on the exposure 2 side (1829) received heat damage on the exterior.
Easton Fire Department assisted on the scene. Four lines were stretched and 3 placed in-service. All searches came up negative.
Minutes before 2:00 AM Thursday morning, Lehigh Township and Walnutport Fire are sent to Bethany Wesleyan Church at 675 Blue Mountain Drive in the Cherryville section of Lehigh Township.
Companies arrive to find a fire in the peak of the roof that was sparked by a lightning strike. An employee of the church discovered the fire and called the fire department.
Lehigh Township's Engine stretched 1 hand line while Walnutport's Ladder 29 went to the roof to cut a hole in the peak of the roof. The small fire was contained to that area of the roof. A light smoke condition filled the interior of the building.
Apparatus from Northampton Borough, Slatington and Laurys Station assisted at the scene. Ladder Companies from Walnutport, Northampton and Slatington also responded.
At 11:48 hours, Northampton County Fire stations 46 and 45 were sent to Weaversville Road and Bullshead Road for a reported dwelling fire. Multiple callers reported seeing fire from the house.
First arriving companies were confronted with heavy fire venting out of two windows on the second floor of the two-story private dwelling.
The first arriving tanker 4531 positioned on the Weaversville Road side and hit the second floor with their deck gun to darken down some of the fire. Once the fire was darkened down, members from the engine stretched a hand line through the front door and went to the 2nd floor.
Two blitz lines were set-up on side 4 of the dwelling while crews hit the fire from the interior. A second line was stretched to the interior.
Ladder 231 positioned in the front of the house on Bulls Head Road and laddered the roof where two members cut away around the chimney to expose more fire after the bulk of the fire was knocked on the second floor and attic.
The fire damaged two rooms on the second floor and extended into the attic. Five lines were stretched and 4 were operating.
Engines and tankers from Northampton County Stations 46, 45, 47 (F.A.S.T.), 42, 43, 53, 15 and Lehigh County Station 33 were on location. Ladder Companies from 42 (Northampton) and 2 (Catasauqua) were on the scene.
No injuries were reported and everyone was out of the house prior to the fire department arriving.
Mike Nester shot this video and photos Thursday evening of this house fire at 53 Victory Lane in Nazareth Borough. This is what he wrote about the fire:
"Late Thursday evening Northampton County 911 dispatches Fire crews to the unit block of Victory Lane for a reported house fire. As crews go responding the smoke is visible from their stations and the call is quickly called a working fire. Crews put multiple lines and master streams in service before making entry to finish off the well advanced fire.
During the fight neighbors gathered to watch the home built by race car Driver and Owner Mario Andretti go up in flames. Fire crews made an aggressive attack after evacuating the structure putting a quick stop to the fire. No injuries were reported and the fire is under investigation"
At 10:54 AM Saturday morning, Police, Fire and Emergency Management officials were summoned to 1022 2nd Street in North Catsauqua for a report of a building collapse.
Once on scene, officials found residents moving personal belongings out of their apartments and into awaiting U-Haul vans. The front portion of the foundation is sinking into the ground possibly caused by a sink hole.
PPL, UGI and water company officials turned off all utilities to 1020 and 1022 2nd Street. Red Cross was on scene to assist residents of the affected addresses.
Catasauqua Rescue 241 also assisted at the scene. No injuries were reported.
Bath, PA. Firefighters from 12 Northampton County companies battled a house fire at 128 South Chestnut Street. First arriving companies found a fire in the basement that was extending to the upper floors of the 2-story dwelling.
All photos and videos on this site owned by Newsworking.org and/or Bill Rohrer or unless noted otherwise.
Reproduction of any kind is prohibited unless you have prior written permission from the owner.
Newsworking is an internet-based news media that focuses on presenting current emergency related news to the public. Some material may be graphic. Viewer discretion is advised. Information contained in articles should not be considered official and may contain inaccuracies, unless specifically cited.